Sunday 3 February 2013

#4 Yorkshire pud pud's

Bit of a different baking post today but I was just making some Yorkshires (I did say I love roast dinner didnt I?) and thought hey I'll put that up because although it's a simple enough recipe it requires a few sneaky tips to get the perfect yorkshire pudding ...

140g Plain flour , 4 eggs , 200ml milk and seasoning .... you don't need much I would however suggest a silicone muffin case/tray (as you can see we use ours a LOT!)



1.  Heat the oven to 230 degree/ fan 210 and gas mark 8. Drizle oil into your tin and pop in the oven
TIP #1 get your oil really hot it should bubble when you put mixture in
2. To make your batter tip the flour into a large bowl and beat in the eggs. Slowly add in your milk and whisk so that you have a smooth mixture.
TIP #2 I don't really know why but my mum always told me to leave the mixture to stand for 10 minutes so I do ... I like to think it helps
3. Pour your mixture into the cases (fill it so they go huge :D )
4. Leave them to do there thing for 20-25 minutes in the oven. Eat ASAP .
TIP #3 Once cooked you can then put them in the freezer for up to a month .... you never need to buy those famous brand ones again

Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment