Monday 4 March 2013

My love affair with Pinterest

So I am fairly new to to Pinterest but so far I can confirm I have fallen hook line and sink for it . I love just sitting looking at all different things and it has defiantly reignited my creative side.I love finding new recipes , motivational quotes on arty crafty bits (I might even start sketching again - I did art to AS level )With this in mind I thought I'd show of two of my latest finds on Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/brigeyyy/

1) Crayon wall art : 

So I saw this and thought wow that's cool and really simple. All you do is superglue crayons to a strong canvas and blast them with your hairdryer. So really simple . However I would advise using 'higher' quality crayons as the pigmentation tends to be a bit stronger.  I'm thinking of doing another two for my bedroom wall. 
If like me you love Toy Story 3 you will notice the peas in a pod on the right hand side :) 

2) Rainbow 'american' pancakes:

I made these as a naughty little treat and break from doing dissertation work only to discover they are actually low in fat ... buy hey even better .  These are a great idea for kids super simple, colourful, contain 'hidden' fruit, low fat and most importantly taste yummy!  If I were to make these again I would defiantly use natural colourants instead of food colouring just because it's cleaner and don't make children *cough* ME *cough* as hyperactive. 

Recipe :
200g S-R flour 
1 tsp Baking powder 
1 egg 
300ml semi-skimmed milk
Knob of butter 
150g Fresh raspberries ( experiment with other fruits) 
1 tbsp yellow food colouring
1tbsp blue colouring
1tbsp pink colouring 
Spray Sunflower oil for cooking
Maple syrup, golden syrup, honey or raspberry coulis for drizzling 

Method : 

1) Mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Beat the egg with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter. Beat in the melted butter, and stir in the raspberries - I do this a bit roughly so the raspberries pop . 
2) Split your mixture into 3 bowls and in each separate bowl mix in the different colourants.
3) Over a medium heat , add a spritz of oil into a non stick man and add a ladle of mixture to your pan and cook. I'd do 3 minutes each side. You can either make lots of little pancakes but I made a 3 huge ones and cut out heart shapes :) 
4) Gobble them up whilst there warm with the drizzle of your choice and the left over fruit !!! 



On the subject of things I am loving is that I am absolutly obsessed by the song summer paradise by Simple plan it's just so cheerful and making me even more excited for summer ( which for me starts in May) . It promises to be a good one !!! I hadn't listened to Simple plan since I was like 16 and at that point I think I had a crush on them all ... Can certainly say that some members have aged nicely ;) and the music aint bad either... I still like the cheesy classics <3

No comments:

Post a Comment