Sunday 10 March 2013

You are what you eat ...

So I recently did a current skincare post and mentioned how I believe that what you eat makes a huge difference. Now I am not saying we all eat 100% perfect diets 24-7 and I certainly don't I am partial to Malteaser bunnies, Coffee and the odd take out pizza but I do try to eat fresh food over ready meals .Instead I make little changes to my diet which overall make a difference to my skin . Okay so I am no way claiming to be an expert what so ever  these are just things which I find work for me . I guess the reason I do these things is that I spent 3-4 years studying Food technology and came out with an A grade so we had it drilled into us so to speak ... Ladies and gents I present to you 'you are what you eat'.


Vitamins,Vitamins and more Vitamins:  

Vitamin C:  The biggie that were constantly told to eat and for a good reason too !
Vitamin C is an anti-oxident, protects the skin from U.V damage , also helps the body produce collagen, A lack of Vitamin C will give spotty skin and the skin will often have a duller complexion. Vitamin C is also essential to the absorption of Iron - useful to young ladies  So when your muma and papa say eat your fruits and veggies take note !
Sources of Vitamin C:  So I was always taught the brighter veggies will be the best ! but to make things easier - Oranges, broccoli, Berries and Red and green peppers..
Interesting fact : Vitamin C cannot be stored in the body and this is why it should be Incorporated into your everyday diet.

Vitamin B:  = Healthy skin 
Sources of Vitamin B - Meat , fish , vegetables , beans and peas 

Vitamin E:  This vitamin is great for the complexion, keeps the skin moistured and glowing.  Vitamin E is also useful for supporting the immune system and protects the bodies cells. 
Sources of Vitamin E:  green leafed vegetables such as spinach, almonds and olives. 

Fish oils? Omega 3 and 6 :
Don't know about anyone else but my Parent's used to always encourage me to take fish oil tablets especially before exams . But for  this post I wanna talk about the benefit on the skin - They help retain moisture, gives that glow we all want and it is also said to aid the reduction of acne. 
Sources of Omega 3 and 6 :  Oily fishes such as sardines, salmon, mussels and of course fish oil supplements. Don't worry if you are vegetarian or vegan you may want to try flax seeds


WATER!!!! - If you don't do or eat anything I urge everyone to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day . Water makes up 2/3rds of the human body so it's important to keep those levels up . Water is also great at flushing out the toxins, keeps you hydrated ( HANDY TIP!! I can safely say I rarely get hangovers nowadays because when i get in off a night out I drink a pint of water and a glass of orange juice in the morning)

So there we go some things I do in order to keep my skin tip top a rooney , hope you enjoyed this little post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment