Monday 8 April 2013

What's in your make-up bag ? #1 Brigid

This weekend my lovely friend came down to Lincoln initially to watch me do the 10k but unfortunately I was too poorly :(  we still had a great weekend . I was eagerly waiting to see what make up she'd packed when I had a brainwave a what's in your make-up bag series ! With this I asked on facebook/twitter if any one would be interested in volunteering their 'everyday' make up bag , I certainly didn't except such a great response so there we have it the what's in your make-up bag series was created.

This week we get a lovely peak into my everyday make-up ... 



I'm using this bag at the moment for my weekly picks because my muji stack currently homes my lipsticks but I think it's nicer having it in a bag because if need be I can just chuck it in my bag. The bag is from T.K.Maxx but I am tempted by the Ted baker wash bags.  

So first up brushes(please excuse how grubby they are might have to wash them tonight ) ... 
Right to left - 
Real Techniques contour brush - Not everyone likes this for contouring but It works for me 
Body shop blusher brush - Again this isn't a brush for everyone . The brushes are very compacted but I've had it for a few years now and not had any problems . 
Real Techniques stippling brush - I use this for cream blushers , cream bronzers and highlighter as it's dual fibre and allows for a light coverage of product. 
Real Techniques buffing brush - I love this over any flat foundation brush I find it just blends seamlessly to give a flawless finish. I urge all my friends to pick it up . The only problem it's only available in the core collection but I'd buy it purely for this brush and the contour brush . 
Random assortment of eye shadow brushes, tweezers and concealer brush - Sorry for been so vague but it changes so much with eye shadow brushes it's hard to name an exact one that i'll use all week. 

Make-up time ...
Base -  Revlon nearly naked in the shade 130, Collection lasting perfection concealer in shade 2, Bobbi Brown creamy concealer kit warm ivory. 
Bronze,blush and highlight -  Nars laguna and Nars deep throat and for days I want a more dewy finish I use Topshop cream blush in head over heels or Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel and YSL Touche éclat I use this as a highlighting product. 
Lips and  eyes -   YSL mascara volume effect faux cils personally I prefer this over shocking , It's a different formula and doesn't clump as much. I am however loving it at the moment for eye shadow I tend to have the naked palette close by as I can create any look depending on my mood. 
For lips I have mac Shanghai spice - my perfect nude lipstick or if I'm feeling like a bit more colour I have the Pomegranate Lip butter by Korres. 

There you go hope you enjoyed it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment