Sunday 8 September 2013

Making it last with Smashbox

L-R Photo finish lid primer , Photo finish foundation primer and Photo finish hydrating eye primer  

With my graduation and grad ball being this week, I knew there would be a lot of photographs and videos taken and I'd want my make up to look it's best for as long as possible. Primer is a step I often forget about and yet get frustrated that my make up hasn't lasted all night. Smashbox is a brand I'd heard a lot about especially after a friend purchased the blemish control primer I figured it was about time I gave it a go.  
This little try me kit consists of three of Smashboxes biggest sellers. 

Photo Finish lid primer-  
Out of the three this was my least favourite of the set- yes it glided onto the eyelids beautifully but I just found the colour was just a little too dark on the lid and I just prefer the Urban Decay Primer potion. Saying that my eye shadow did last well all night. 

Photo Finish foundation primer-
WOW! I am seriously impressed with this little bottle of goodness. An oil free silicone based primer which leaves a soft matte finish . My skin felt amazing after using the primer. I'm not usually a fan of a matte finish but I found this kept a subtle glow whilst minimizing shine. Whats more you literally only need a pea sized amount to cover the face. 

Photo Finish hydrating under eye primer-
Billed as your 'concealer's BFF with 10 under-eye benefits' and boy it really is I love it especially as it brightens dark circles and keeps concealer put for the rest of the night ... perfect!!!

I strongly urge any one to try this kit , at £14.00 you can't go wrong available at Boots and Smashbox

and a cheeky little graduation picture ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment