Monday 9 December 2013

Winter warmer #4 Christmas Markets

Christmas markets are great , you can buy a whole load of unique and quirky gifts whilst eating amazing foods and having fun. 
This weekend my family and I toddled along to the Lincoln Christmas market . 
It's a lovely way to get in the festive mood and pick up some gifts.  
The Lincoln market was one of the first German style Christmas markets. Walking around you're nose is opened to a number of different scents, you see gifts you just hadn't thought of before  and there's always a good fudge stand or two ! 
I spent most of the day eating and playing on the fun fayre instead of buying gifts ... OPPS! 
Instead of yacking on about the market I thought I'd show some of the pictures I took. 







I have such a weakness for these !and I acquired a taste for roasted chestnuts 




Feeling a little camera shy


Lincoln really is a beautiful  city  and has some of the most remarkable sunsets 




Apologies that this was a rather picture heavy post but I hope you enjoyed it all the same. 
I'm off to York next weekend  for some Christmas shopping,more markets and hopefully lunch at Betty's. 

What's your favorite way of getting into the festive mood?
comments below 

No comments:

Post a Comment