Sunday 2 February 2014

January favourites



Can you believe it's already February? where do the days go?  This months favourites really have been a mixed bag of a whole host of different things including a hint of snow although it didn't last for long. So lets commence with the first favourites of 2014. Note you may want to grab a cuppa it's rather a long one...

Beauty Favourites - 
First up we have some hair treats from Pantene Pro V, not a brand I really use but I needed some conditioner and I was in Asda. I've been really pleasantly surprised by this volume range it's light weight and delivers great volume what more can you ask for at under a fiver?

Skincare wise I've been loving using the well loved  Pixi Skin treats glow tonic. I picked this up in London as it seems to always be out of stock online and the sales assistant informed me that they've swapped the pump bottle for a cap . This exfoliating toner is great for adding life back into dull skin.  I use this after washing my face on an evening and just swipe it over my face with a cotton pad and it just feels nice and refreshing.  Another skincare item I've loved is the Body Shop Vitamin illuminating moisture cream which perfectly hydrates my face whilst giving a lovely glow which makes this a perfect morning moisturizer. I really like the Body shop Vitamin E range and I'm looking forward to trying the vitamin E overnight serum.

Finally we have make up I've been rediscovering a love of the Dr Jart water fuse BB cream which I won't talk about too much as I have a blog post/review planned for later in the week. I've also been loving pink lips and my favourite combination has to be the Smashbox be legendary lipstick in posy pink with the Laura Mercier lip glace in the sweetheart. This is such a fresh combination perfect for spring time. Another  lip product I've been loving is the Clarins rouge eclat in coral pink, this is another shade more suited to the warmer months but I still really love it. What I love about this lipstick is that the glossy finish can be built upon for a much more intense colour but it's also formulated to protect against dehydration and boost collagen. 

Everything else...
I'm trying to be a bit healthier and I've loved getting back into running and going to the gym. I love these trainers but unfortunately Nike don't make them anymore. I'm also trying to drink more water so I bought a bobble bottle so I can't use the excuse that our tap water taste yuck! This cleaver little bottle comes with a replaceable built in filter so that the water is cleared as you drink.
I started watching the ITV series Mr. Selfridge and then started reading the book which is truly fascinating, he really changed the way in which people viewed shopping.




Something to look forward too?
Valentines day , Hopefully some snow but maybe it's too late now and I'm back in uni and doing some very exciting modules but as the thesis kicks in I'm sure this will change ...


No comments:

Post a Comment