Friday 8 August 2014

Beauty || Facial SPF's




Apologies for the slightly sporadic posts this week I am on holiday in sunny Spain and you know how it is you get carried away with sun,sea & sand that everything else seems like a chore. 
Which then leads me onto my post which is all about  my top facial SPF's.
Now I'm just going to chuck it out there that I'm not the best at remembering when to put SPF on and yes I did burn myself on the first day. BUT I do try my hardest to use a facial SPF daily rather than just relying on my foundation. 
Let's get a cracking. 

1) Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25
This is the SPF that I tend to use in the UK as it layers up really well and works well as a primer or as a base product. 
It's very light on the skin, blends in beautifully and doesn't leave a nasty greasy film on the face. 
Whats great about this SPF is that it's skin toned so you never have that horrid white face affect that just wont rub in. 
This is also a great product for those of us who have slightly more sensitive skin. 
Not only does City block protect from harmful sun rays but it also protects your face from environmental pollution. 
You only need a small amount which means that the tube tends to last a while . 
I have the SPF 25 but you can also pick up the Super city block in factor 40. 

2) Bioderma Photoderm AKN mat - Matifying fluid SPF 30 
This is the one that I tend to reserve for holiday's and the summer because a)it's a slightly higher factor and b) it's a little thicker on the skin- more like a traditional sun cream. 
However saying that it does still rub in rather well you aren't going to be left with a white face tanned body situation. 
Now time to get a little gross but we all know that in a hot country were bound to get a little sweaty and lets admit we don't want our faces to look any oiler. 
This is why this SPF is great it's mattifying! It's rather very clever actually it regulates the seabum which then improves the quality of seabum which reduces spots. (I'm not explaining this well but here is a better explanation 
Available from Escentual 

3) A decent SPF Lip balm.

And of course lets not forget lips I use a super budget lip balm that can be picked up any where from Boots to Asda. 
At the minute Garnier Sun protection lip balm in factor 20 is working just fine. 


Do you have any recommendations? 




No comments:

Post a Comment